Table of Contents
- 1. Who we are
- 2. What personal data we collect and why we collect it
- 3. Who we share your data with
- 4. How long we retain your data
- 5. What rights you have over your data
- 6. Where we send your data
- 7. Contact information
- 8. Additional information
1. Who we are
We are VDubber.
We are a community website who's aim is to connect VW enthusiasts
2. What personal data we collect and why we collect it
2.1 User Registration
Registration is required to add content to the website, the data required for user registration includes email address, username and password. This data is stored for the purpose of providing user access and protecting your data from being accessed by others
2.2 Profile Info
Information entered as part of a users profile is stored on our server and is used for displaying on a users profile page.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
2.6 Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
We use Google Analytics to understand how visitors engage with our sites or apps . If you don’t want Google Analytics to be used in your browser, you can install the ‘Google Analytics Opt-Out Browser Add-On’, provided by Google.
3. Who we share your data with
We do not share your data with any third parties except where required by law.
4. How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognise and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website, we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time. Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
5. What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
6. Where we send your data
- Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
- Blog posts (Build Page entries) may be shared with our Facebook group - https://www.facebook.com/groups/vdubber/
7. Contact information
8. Additional information
8.1 How we protect your data
- All data is stored on secure servers which are maintained with up to date security patches.
- All software used to serve and access data is maintained with up to date security patches
- Access to our online service is protected by a SSL service.
- The validity of our SSL certificate can be checked at any time by clicking the padlock icon in your browsers address bar
- Accounts created require the use of a username and password to protect access to data stored on our servers.
8.2 What data breach procedures we have in place
- In the event of a data breach we will lock down server access until the source of the breach can be identified and rectified.
- All customers will be notified of the breach
- In the case of password breaches user account passwords will be reset and users asked to enter new password information
8.3 What third parties we receive data from
We do not receive data from interactions with third party APIs